In typical 2020 fashion, the year that keeps on giving has now disappointed us with the news that the merch company we were partnering with won’t be able to get orders completed in time for the holidays. The good news is the contest is still happening and we are extending the submission deadline to January 1, 2021. If you were worried you didn’t have enough time to get your ideas in, you now have an extra two and a half weeks!
Let’s just pretend this was a 2021 themed contest since 2020 is a year we all want to forget anyway.
We are looking to expand our line of apparel, decals, and other merch!
With so many talented customers, moped enthusiasts, and Detroiters in our circle, we’re reaching out to the community for ideas. Pretty much any style or medium is fair game as we can do screen printing, direct to garment (DTG) printing, embroidery, or vinyl.
Submit your designs below by
Monday, December 14th, 2020 Friday, January 1, 2021. Winner will be announced soon after.
$500 DMW Dollars (or $300 cash)
- The designer of our favorite graphic will get $500 DMW Dollars that can be used on all in stock merchandise (or $300 paper cash dollars).
- The winning design will be printed on our apparel (and possibly other merch!) and the winner will be credited by name for as long as the design is being produced.
- The winner will be featured on detroitmopedworks.com and our social media to spotlight the artist and their projects.
$100 DMW Dollars
If your design is not our favorite but we still would like to put it on a shirt, you’ll receive $100 in DMW Dollars to be used at Detroit Moped Works.
This contest is open to anyone who wishes to participate and is not restricted to Detroit residents and/or moped enthusiasts. Entries from people under the age of 18 can be submitted under the guidance of their legal guardian.
- Limit: three entries per person
- All submissions must be the original work of the entrant
- Submissions that infringe on copyrighted material will be disqualified
Thanks and good luck!
Alex Samul, owner
November 25, 2020