This is the first Detroit Moped Works video tutorial, with many more to come. We will be starting very basic and progress into more advanced topics. We believe that understanding HOW things work is crucial. We will focus on that to make your moped ownership and maintenance experience as fun and interesting as possible. This tutorial teaches you how to figure out if your moped “turns over” through demonstrating the various ways that vintage mopeds start.
This information will be helpful with the following mopeds:
• Mopeds with a Morini motor such as Pacer, Bianchi, Motomarina, etc.
• Mopeds with a Puch motor such as Maxi, Newport, Magnum, Series B, Korado, Austro Daimler, Dart, Sears Free Spirit, Murray, JCPenney Pinto OR JCPenney Swinger.
• Mopeds with a Minarelli motor such as a Cimatti, Motomarina, Testi, Aspes, Fantic, etc.
• Vespa Piaggio
• French mopeds like Motobecane and Peugeot
• Indian mopeds like Kinetic and Hero Majestic
• Honda Hobbit
• Suzuki FZ50 and FA50
• Honda Express, Express II, Urban Express
• Yamaha QT50, Chappy, Champ
Our YouTube channel is in its infancy so we want YOU to let us know what you want to see. Moped tutorials, product reviews, moped culture shenanigans, visual tours of Detroit on mopeds, advice for small business owners; you tell us!
The more likes, shares, and comments we get, the more we’ll be driven to put out new content.