🏍 1980 Puch Newport II in Carmine Red (Two-Speed)
For those who appreciate the art of vintage mopeds, this 1980 Puch Newport II in a striking Carmine Red is a true gem that deserves your attention. This all-original beauty has seen just 480 miles on the road and has been meticulously tuned up and refreshed by the experts at Detroit Moped Works, making it a rare find in such pristine condition.
- ✅ Low Mileage: This Puch Newport II boasts a mere 480 miles on the odometer, a testament to its remarkable preservation.
- ✅ Detroit Moped Works Tune-Up: It has undergone a comprehensive Detroit Moped Works Tune-Up, including a new NGK Spark Plug, Petcock, fuel line, fuel filter, and more. This means you’re not just getting a vintage moped; you’re getting a ride that’s been given the royal treatment to ensure peak performance.
- ✅ New Upgrades: It comes with new CNC’d Switch Backs, new shift dampener pucks, a brand-new Shinko Golden Boy 2.25-17 moped tire (SR704 Moon Rover), Sedona Motorcycle tubes, and a practical chrome rack, perfect for securing saddlebags, ensuring a smooth and reliable ride.
- 📊 Engine: A peppy 48.8 cc air-cooled two-stroke engine powers this classic moped.
- ⚙️ Transmission: Utilizing two centrifugal clutches, the two-speed transmission offers an effortless and responsive ride.
- ⛽ Fuel Capacity: With a generous 0.845 US gallons (3.2 L) capacity, you’ll enjoy more miles between fill-ups.
- 🛠 Built to Last: Featuring 8-fin, wide spoke wheels and wide tires (2.25-17), this Puch Newport II is not only a vintage classic but also a testament to exceptional craftsmanship.
- 💡 Vintage Details: Magura black controls, sliding-block throttle, Merit 342A and 343A square black switches, and the iconic CEV 1211 “pancake” headlight showcase the attention to detail in this timeless moped.
Condition and Potential: While it’s important to note that this moped exhibits some wear typical of a 45-year-old vehicle, it’s crucial to emphasize that most parts have been meticulously replaced or coated, as evident in the photos. This Newport II is a 1.5 HP, 25 mph version, perfectly suited for leisurely rides and city commutes. What makes it even more special is its potential for performance upgrades, thanks to the extensive availability of parts. This is more than just a moped; it’s a canvas for your unique customization ideas.
The “Swamp Monster” Reference: If you’re an enthusiast and have been following our Instagram, you might recognize this moped as the “Swamp Monster.” Referencing it may even lead you to before-and-after videos, showcasing the transformation of this fantastic vintage moped.
Don’t let this opportunity pass you by. This 1980 Puch Newport II is not just a vehicle; it’s a piece of history with immense potential. Order now and become the proud owner of a truly exceptional vintage moped.
When it comes to purchasing large and expensive items such as mopeds, e-bikes, or scooters, many people may be tempted to buy directly online from manufacturers and/or in the peer-to-peer market. However, buying from a brick-and-mortar small business like Detroit Moped Works is a better choice, both for the customer and the local economy.
By buying from a small business, you can feel good about supporting the local economy and helping to keep small businesses thriving. Additionally, when you buy from Detroit Moped Works, you can be assured that your bike comes fully professionally assembled, tested, and adjusted, with any warranty work related to shipping damage taken care of before purchase.
Another benefit of buying from a brick-and-mortar store is the ability to test ride the bikes before you buy them, ensuring that you feel comfortable and confident on your new vehicle. Detroit Moped Works offers in-store tutorials to ensure that you know how to use your new bike before you take it home, and we are always available for troubleshooting and support.
When you purchase from Detroit Moped Works, you can also take advantage of our 25% discount on all accessories such as helmets, locks, gloves, apparel, covers, upgrades, and more. We also provide all the necessary paperwork to register your moped or scooter in Michigan.
Finally, buying from a small business like Detroit Moped Works means that you are supporting a team that cares deeply about providing the best possible customer service and experience. We are committed to ensuring that our customers are satisfied with their purchases and have everything they need to get the most out of their new vehicles.
Please note that there is no warranty on “as-is” mopeds. However, for any bike over $1,000 that we specifically restored to sell, we will “work with you” and not leave you high and dry if anything does arise in the first 60 days.
– **Flagship Store Pickup:** All vehicles bought online, whether it’s a moped, ebike, or scooter, will be securely held at our flagship store located on Michigan Avenue in Detroit. This serves as a convenient and safe location for you to collect your purchase.
– **Pick-Up Appointments:** To ensure a smooth and efficient pickup process, we recommend scheduling an appointment through our convenient Booking Link. This way, you can choose a date and time that suits your schedule, making the pickup experience hassle-free.
– **National Shipping Through U-Ship:** If you are unable to pick up your vehicle in person or prefer to have it shipped to your location, we offer the option of national shipping. This service can be arranged through U-Ship, a trusted and reliable shipping platform. Please note that the cost of shipping will be at the buyer’s expense, and the final price may vary depending on your location.
– **Expected Shipping Costs:** While shipping costs can vary based on distance and location, we estimate that the shipping expenses will generally range from $250 to $300 or more, depending on your specific delivery address. Keep in mind that the exact shipping cost may be determined by U-Ship and can be confirmed during the shipping arrangement process.